Try Powering off and restarting the device
- Power down your Alexa and restart the device.
Make Sure the Skill is enabled
To enable Alexa skills go to the menu, and select Skills.
When you find a skill you want to use, select it to open the skill detail page.
Select the Enable Skill option, or ask Alexa to open the skill.
If you have the Skill enabled and it still doesn't work
- Try disabling and re-enabling the skill from the Alexa app:
- Go to the menu and select Skills
- Select Your Skills.
- Find the skill, and open the skill detail page.
- First, check to see if the skill requires permissions. If so, you'll see a Skill Permissions section on the detail page.
- Select Manage Permissions, and use the toggle to turn permissions on and off. Then try using the skill again--this may resolve the issue. If this doesn't work, proceed to the next steps.
- Select Disable Skill, and confirm that you want to disable the skill (if prompted). Any skill progress is lost when a skill is disabled; however, address information for your Alexa device(s) is not affected.
- You'll then have the option to select Enable to re-enable the skill.
- Restart your Alexa device, then try to use the skill again.
If problems starting the When In Rome skill continue please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be able to answer any further questions.