The volcano, or "rebuild screen", should appear when the tower on your Plinth is unstable or has just fallen-down and will give you several seconds to try and re-build again before ending the game.
The volcano should also appear if you put something (e.g. your hand or an Artefact) on the tower without scanning an Artefact first, if you remove something from the tower or if you put the wrong Artefact on the tower after scanning. For reference, the volcano / rebuild screen looks something like this:
If the volcano is appearing unexpectedly then there may be a problem. Please try the following possible solutions before submitting a help request:
- Make sure when you launch the app and start the game that there is nothing left on-top of the Plinth and that the Plinth is sat flat and upright before you tap the "begin" button on the app.
- Make sure to play on a stable surface or table and be careful not to knock or lean-on the table whilst playing the game.
- Replace the batteries inside the plinth with a fresh set and try again (don't mix old and new batteries)
If you've tried the steps above and still have problems then you'll probably need to submit a help request with the link below. Please help diagnose the problem first by checking if the volcano only appears the first time you launch a new game or if it continues to appear on subsequent plays. Instructions for doing this are given below:
- If the volcano appears when you first begin the game (after having not played for some time or after force-quitting the app and re-launching) then let the volcano erupt and reach the game over screen.
- HINT: If the volcano only appears intermittently, and doesn't stay long enough to erupt, you can force it to erupt by placing an Artefact on the Plinth without scanning it first. Leave the Artefact there until the game over screen appears.
- Next, in the game over screen, remove anything from on-top of the Plinth (also make sure the Plinth is flat, upright and on a steady playing surface) and tap "play again".
- If the volcano no-longer appears unexpectedly then your hardware is OK but you've encountered a known issue with the app. Please submit a request using the link below and mention that "the volcano appears on the first run but is OK after troubleshooting". You can continue to play subsequent games normally but may have to repeat this process the next time you launch the app.
- If the volcano continues to appear unexpectedly on subsequent plays then you may be experiencing a hardware problem and should submit a request via the link below. Please mention that "the volcano appears unexpectedly even after troubleshooting".
To submit a request click here.