Complete instructions for powering-on the Plinth and connecting to the App are given here. Once you've followed this setup process the screen on your connected tablet/smartphone should look something like this:
If the Plinth and app have failed to connect you will be guided through a short troubleshooting guide within the app. Please follow the in-app instructions first and hopefully your devices will connect.
If you're still experiencing connection problems then please try the following possible solutions before submitting a help request:
- Try the preferred power-up sequence:
- Power-off the Plinth by pressing and holding the power button until the LED stops flashing.
- Force-quit the app (how to force-quit apps will depend on your device and OS, please check with the manufacturer for further details).
- Follow the connection instructions again (given here) making sure that you power-on the Plinth first and launch the app second.
- HINT: Make sure that no other nearby devices are running the Beasts of Balance app or else the Plinth may have connect to the wrong device.
- If the game is unable to initially connect, try leaving it with the platform turned on and the game on the "failed to connect" screen for a few minutes.
- If you are on Android 6.0, make sure you have enabled location access for the game.
- If you go to Bluetooth Settings on your device, you should be able to see a "BoB" device. This is good! However, pairing with it there won't work - launch the app and let it handle it.
- Make sure the Plinth and the tablet/smartphone are close to each other (under 5 meters separation is recommended) whilst setting-up and playing the game.
- Replace the batteries inside the plinth with a fresh set (don't mix old and new batteries)
- Make sure to press and release the power button whilst powering-on (don't hold-down the power button or else it'll power-off again after a few seconds)
If the steps above don't solve the problem then please submit a request here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.